Monday, January 19, 2009

titles are for suckers!

Hey friends! Welcome to my blog about 'The Bizzaro Ska Jeff'. If you haven't already noticed I love None More Black, and as do they, I have a love for Seinfeld. So welcome to my blog. I'm boring.. I'm dull.. I'm uninteresting.. so I really don't even know why you're reading this, especially considering everyone reading this blog will consist of my friends, people who already know how lame I am. If you don't know me, leave now before you fall a sleep on your keyboard.. you've been warned!


Here's some shit that rules (mostly, actually probably all music related):

Off With The Head's playing live on a moving city bus. Off With Their Heads is in my top 5 for bands I really like right now. Their new album 'From The Bottom' has some of the catchiest punk rock songs I've heard in a long time. Plus, when was the last time you saw a band play live on a moving city bus?



This next video is of a band from Australia called Extortion. I've been listening to lots of power volience and really fast hardcore lately. Exortion is easily one of the fastest bands in hardcore right now. This video is of them playing 8 songs at a show in Australia. They're currently touring west North America. They're doing a show in Vancouver and Victoria. Fuck, someone fly me out to see them! Anyways, get stoked on this video! Hell, punch a whole in your fucking wall!

(shoutouts to t-bone for also loving extortion)




I did a show for a band called Seasick from New Jersey a few weeks ago. They were on tour with Killin' It who are also from NJ and who have been here before. I think Ottawa was waiting for a good punk show, and this was it. My friend Tyler and his room-mates let us use their house to host the show. Tyler's amazing noise punk band Humans Of Planet Earth and everyones favourite local east end hardcore punx, It's Asshole Time, opened. Over 75 people packed into the house and went ape shit! The singer of Seasick is one of the most intense singers I've ever seen live. He was climing over everything possible in the basement. I had already had a Seasick 7". Their split with ANS.. but never really had payed much attention to their side of the record. After the show they crashed at my place and gave me another split 7" they did, their 10" and their new 12" EP titled 'Ouroboros'. Words can't even explain how fucking amazing this band is. Check them out, and then kick yourself for not being at the show!

This is what you missed:


In highschool I use to be into a lot of skate punk like Belvedere, Pridebowl and pretty much every other band of that genre that was big in the 90's. I still am, but not as much. A lot of new bands that jam skate punk bore me. Maybe because I've heard it before? But that can be said with any genre really. However this was not the case on Friday. I booked a show for my friend Antoine from Montreal. His band Endover wanted to come with a band from Albany, NY called After The Fall. I really liked the tunes on their myspace so I said fuck I'll do it. I was pretty excited about the show when I booked it, until I found out a bit later Toronto's Fucked Up was playing the same night downstairs at Mavericks (my show being upstairs at Cafe Dekcuf). Not to add my band somehow got slipped on the Fucked Up bill (stressful night). FYI I couldn't care a less about Fucked Up. In the end my turn out wasn't bad and I broke even. After The Fall on the other hand blew me the fuck out of the water! They're a three peice with a vocalist/guitarist, bassist and drummer. We partied all night and then crashed at my place. Mike, the vocalist/guitarist gave me their first CD and I can't stop listening to it. It fucking rules!

Here's a video of them playing when they were a four peice:


I'm going to bed so enjoy this shit for now.

oh and a shout out to the BSC CREW!

No comments:

Post a Comment