Monday, January 26, 2009

flu vs. 123 punk

So who else picked up the flu (or in my case the flu and possibly strept throat) in the past week? I got hit on Tuesday and tried to take it with a grain of salt. By Wednesday afternoon it really hit me hard and I felt like grabbing a knife in the kitchen and ending all the pain. Instead, I threw on Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and attempted to get to Bogus Journey, but I was already out, asleep. Or was I? Maybe for an hour before waking up. I was waking up every hour, sweaty and feeling like death. Thursday night I went to my parents because I couldn't handle all the crazy stuff having to my body, or I should say coming out of my body (I'll save the nasty details). Lot's of movies, mindless television programs (I watched the security dude from jerry springers new show!), soft foods, liquids and an episode of 123 Punk on Musique Plus, which played these three amazing music videos, were my best friends:

Gob's You're To Cool:



Belvedere's High School Heroics:


Belvedere was the first actual punk show I ever went to. They played at Club Saw to maybe a 100 kids. Us Against Them and I forget who else opened. I believe it was Springfield and Driving Phoenix? Correct me if I'm wrong? I had a blast and still remember the show very well. I got the State of the Union comp at that show which had all Union/Stomp Records bands and my life forever changed! Saw Belvedere again a million times.

Reggie & The Full Effect's Congratulations Smack and Katy:
,

Never saw Reggie & The Full Effect live, but that video urged me to listen to them more often and I definitely will.

I'm going to bed
peaacccceee

No comments:

Post a Comment