Sunday, February 8, 2009

kman is about to rule your life

I just had an amazing weekend. I had two lovely dates with Cassandra. Friday we went to Mavericks to see Killing For Friday, a band she use to play guitar in. We got their late and missed their set. Since we were on the guestlist, courtesy of Shawn, we decided to stick around for the other bands, even though they were terrible. After the show we headed back to my house to grab more beer and head over to my friends house to see The Rough Sea and dishouse Jason's new band. We ended up stopping at Winterlude along the way. Some of the sculptures were unbelievable! I bought Cas her very first Beavertail, and she loved it. We eventually got to the show and made it just in time for The Rough Sea. The house was packed and I was pretty drunk. The Rough Sea played an awesome set. The whole room was singing along. After them was Jason's band. It was himself and two friends making noise (not even oldschool noisecore, just straight up noise). It was interesting to say the least. After they played people started heading out and a small group of us stuck around. About 10 of us ended the night by having a dance party in the kitchen, which included someone eating mustard out of a jar and stage diving off of the counter, and a mannequin leg smashing the light fixture to pieces.

On Saturday I went to my friend Corey's to sit in on mixing with my band, The PG-13s, for our 7". I just joined the band, so unfortunately I'm not on any of the recordings. The songs are sounding amazing though! After that I went to my friend Derek's for a bit where Cas met up with us. Cas and I then went to see Dig It Up from Montreal with The Wellits, Jon Creeden and Ashton Starr at Ashton's house, The Book Depository. The Wellits were a sick folkish celtic punk band. They had mandolin, which is awesome. I've always loved mandolin. Dig It Up were amazing. Straight up. I can't even explain their sound. They remind me a bit of Turbonegro or The Bronx. Super rock and roll esc punk. Melodic and aggressive. The turnout was amazing and everyone went nuts. I've been to a few shows in Ashton's basement, and this was the first time I saw people mosh.

And now, Kman! He is my new best friend:




No comments:

Post a Comment